- John 13:34 A new commandment I give you: Love one another . . .
A new commandment I give to you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another A new Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ
- A new commandment I give to you, That you love one another . . .
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another —There is no reference in the context to the Ten Commandments, and we are not therefore to seek the meaning of the “new commandment” in any more or less full contrast with them
- New Commandment - Wikipedia
The New Commandment is a term used in Christianity to describe Jesus's commandment to "love one another" which, according to the Bible, was given as part of the final instructions to his disciples after the Last Supper had ended, and after Judas Iscariot had departed in John 13:30 Little children, yet a little while I am with you Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go
- John 13 | ESV. org
The Death of Lazarus 11 Now a certain man was ill, Lazarus of Bethany, the village of l Mary and her sister Martha 2 m It was Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ill 3 So the sisters sent to him, saying, “Lord, n he whom you love is ill ” 4 But when Jesus heard it he said, o “This illness does not lead to death It is
- Jesus New Commandment: Love one another as I have loved You
Jesus said to his apostles during the Last Supper “I give you a new commandment: love one another As I have loved you, so you also should love one another” (John 13:34) There are different types of love but there is no confusion in the language of the New Testament When Jesus speaks about love it is always a special type of love, unselfish love, loving the other for the other’s sake
- Sermons From John - By This All Will Know (13:34-35)
Previous | Index | Next >> "THE GOSPEL OF JOHN" By This All Will Know (13:34-35) INTRODUCTION 1 How is the world to know that we are truly disciples of Christ, members of His body?
- scripture - United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
CHAPTER 15 The Vine and the Branches 1 * “I am the true vine, * and my Father is the vine grower a 2 He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and every one that does he prunes * so that it bears more fruit 3 You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you b 4 Remain in me, as I remain in you Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it
- What Does the Bible Say About Loving Others?
John 13:34 ESV 481 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another