- Measles | Frequently Asked Questions about Measles in U. S . . .
Get answers to your frequently asked questions about measles in the U S
- Travelers Health | CDC
Official U S government health recommendations for traveling Provided by the U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Travel Health Notices | Travelers Health | CDC
Travel notices are designed to inform travelers and clinicians about current health issues related to specific destinations These issues may arise from disease outbreaks, special events or gatherings, natural disasters, or other conditions that may affect travelers’ health
- Measles Symptoms, Pictures MMR Vaccine
Learn measles symptoms and signs (rash, fever, Koplik spots), its history, transmission facts, treatment, and read about disease prevention (MMR or measles, mumps and rubella vaccination)
- Health News | Latest Medical, Nutrition, Fitness News . . .
Researchers say that one in seven children of U S mothers who were infected with Zika during pregnancy developed some kind of health problem
- Travel Smart: Get Vaccinated | Features | CDC
Measles and International Travel Each year, unvaccinated travelers get measles and bring it home This has sometimes led to outbreaks The majority of measles cases brought into the United States come from U S residents who were traveling abroad
- CDC: Vaccines save hundreds of thousands of lives
Before the measles vaccine became available in 1963, the virus infected about 500,000 Americans a year, causing 500 deaths and 48,000 hospitalizations
- Travel Advice and Advisories for United States
Medical services and facilities Medical care and facilities are very good Treatment costs are expensive All U S hospitals must accept and treat emergencies, regardless of the person’s ability to pay