- This Analysis Shows How Viral Fake Election News Stories . . .
This Analysis Shows How Viral Fake Election News Stories Outperformed Real News On Facebook A BuzzFeed News analysis found that top fake election news stories generated more total engagement on Facebook than top election stories from 19 major news outlets combined
- Analysis | A new study suggests fake news might have won . . .
This alone does not prove that fake news made a difference, of course A recent Princeton-led study of fake news consumption during the 2016 campaign found that false articles made up 2 6 percent
- These Are 50 Of The Biggest Fake News Hits On Facebook In 2017
Additional analysis reveals a massive Facebook engagement gap between the top fake news stories and their corresponding fact checks Snopes, PolitiFact, FactCheck org, and ABC News were the initial US participants in Facebook’s fact-checking program, and together they produced at least one fact check for 31 of the 50 top stories in the data
- How Fake News Goes Viral: A Case Study - The New York Times
How a misinformed Twitter post the night after the presidential election fueled a nationwide conspiracy theory and became a talking point — even as it was being proved false
- Politics News | Breaking Political News, Video Analysis . . .
ABC News is your trusted source on political news stories and videos Get the latest coverage and analysis on everything from the Trump presidency, Senate, House and Supreme Court
- The Seth Rich conspiracy shows how fake news still works . . .
In retrospect, it seems natural for the fake story to resurface via a small TV station But what caused it to surface at all? Fake news has weakened on Facebook, but its bots still own Twitter
- News: latest stories, exclusives, opinion analysis . . .
The latest UK and World news, from Mirror Online Find the best stories, opinion, pictures and video on the day's events
- How The Bizarre Conspiracy Theory Behind Pizzagate Was . . .
How The Bizarre Conspiracy Theory Behind "Pizzagate" Was Spread A man was arrested Sunday for bringing a gun into a pizza place named in Clinton conspiracy rumors